THE HISTORY BEHIND SMITH AND WESSON REVOLVER'S.
- In 1857, Horace Smith and Daniel Wesson, who were business partners at the time, had plans to release a Smith and Wesson revolver that would revolutionize the design and function of the revolver market. It was called the model one and happened to be the first revolver that was not propelled by black powder; it was now using the self-contained metal cartridges. This sparked the creation of many new firearms including the first double action revolver in the 1880's
WHO USES SMITH AND WESSON REVOLVER'S?
- Up to the 1990's Smith and Wesson revolvers were the standard issue side arm for many of the law enforcement agencies in America. Two of the most popular sidearms were the model 36, which was chambered in .38spl and the model 29, which was chambered in .44mag. Now Smith manufacturers revolver's for hunting, target shooting, collecting, concealed carrying, and home defense.
SMITH AND WESSON'S WARRANTY POLICY.
- The Smith and Wesson lifetime warranty guarantees that every firearm manufactured by Smith and Wesson will be free on any problems in workmanship or craftsmanship. This warranty applies to all new and used firearms that are made by Smith and Wesson, whether you are the original owner or not. If you buy your Smith and Wesson revolver from Sportsmen's Outpost, we will deal with Smith directly for anything warranty related.
THE HISTORY BEHIND RUGER REVOLVER'S
- Sturm, Ruger&Co opened their doors in 1949 with a 50,000 dollar investment. By 1990 Ruger was a well-respected company trading on the New York Stock Exchange. Ruger is currently producing millions of revolvers each year for hunting, target shooting, concealed carrying, and home defense.
WHO USES RUGER REVOLVERS?
- Anyone can find a revolver model that is manufactured by Ruger for their personal preferences and style. Ruger is manufacturing everything thing from .22cal revolvers, to light-weight aluminum framed .38spl revolvers, all the way up to steel framed revolver's chambered in .44mag.
RUGER'S WARRANTY POLICY.
- Ruger does acknowledge the implied Magnuson-Mos Act obligations, which means they will warranty their firearms as long as the pistol is purchased brand new and it's the original owner who is experiencing the defects in craftsmanship or workmanship. This warranty will be good for one year starting from the date the revolver is purchased. If you purchase your Ruger brand new from Sportsmen's Outpost we will deal with the manufacturers' warranty within the year if something did end up going wrong with your pistol.
THE HISTORY BEHIND COLT REVOLVER'S.
- Colt's earliest revolvers were produced in 1839. This included the Colt Walker, the Colt Single Action Army, and the Colt Python. The overall design of these revolvers had been crafted with such perfection, Colt has not had to make many changes over the years. The modernized Python and Single Action Army revolvers are still based off of the same platform as they were 100 years ago. This is proof Colt did it right the first time and continues to do it right up until present time.
WHO USES COLT REVOLVER'S?
- Colt revolvers are being manufactured for the collector, concealed carrier, and the non-abusive target shooter. Most of The New Frontier and Single Action Amry models come with case hardened frames and royal blued cylinders/barrels or high-end nickel finishes. The Cobra has just been re-released by Colt. This revolver is perfect for someone who is looking for a piece that is lightweight and easy to conceal.
COLT'S WARRANTY POLICY.
- Colt is acknowledging the implied Magnuson-Mos Act obligations, which means they will warranty their firearms as long as the pistol is purchased brand new and it's the original owner who is experiencing the defects in craftsmanship or workmanship. This warranty will be good for one year starting from the date the Colt is purchased. If you purchase your Colt brand new from Sportsmen's Outpost we will deal with the manufacturers' warranty within the year if something did end up going wrong with your pistol.
THE HISTORY BEHIND TAURUS REVOLVER'S.
- Taurus started out as a tool manufacturer in Brazil over 70 years ago, and during 1968 the company decided to venture into the US market. During this time a conglomerate named Bango Punta purchased Smith and Wesson and also bought 54% of Taurus. This created a sisterhood between the two companies, which allowed Smith and Wesson to share revolver concepts with Taurus so Taurus would be able to produce hi-quality firearms on a proven platform. Taurus is now considered to be one of the largest small arms manufacturers in the world.
WHO USES TAURUS REVOLVER'S?
- Taurus produces a full line of revolvers for the following shooting applications; concealed carrying, home defense, target shooting, and hunting, which means anyone who has an interest in the shooting applications listed above can find a Taurus revolver that will work.
TAURUS'S WARRANTY POLICY.
- The Taurus lifetime warranty guarantees that every firearm manufactured by Taurus will be free on any problems in workmanship or craftsmanship. This warranty applies to all new and used firearms that are made by Taurus, whether you are the original owner or not. If you buy your Taurus pistol from Sportsmen's Outpost we will deal with Taurus directly for anything warranty related.